Amanda-Users

RE: How to define tape sequence

2009-05-31 20:31:35
Subject: RE: How to define tape sequence
From: "Hugh E Cruickshank" <hugh AT forsoft DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 17:22:44 -0700
From: Gene Heskett Sent: May 31, 2009 11:25
> On Sunday 31 May 2009, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> >From: Jon LaBadie Sent: May 27, 2009 22:34
> >>
> >> You got stuck on tape five because your tapecycle is 2.  It must
> >> use another tape before reusing tape five and for some reason
> >> it isn't getting to another tape.  That is why I question the
> >> changer setup.
> >
> >What should tapecycle be set to?
> >
> The number of tapes available for amanda to use.

I guess that is where my confusion lies.

I have 5 tapes in slots 1-5 that I am attempting to use as set of
"weekday" level 0 backups (i.e. a full backup each and every weekday
night).

When I created the DailySet1 I used the command:

  amserverconfig DailySet1 --template tape-changer \
  ?-tapedev /dev/nst0 --changerdev /dev/sg1 --mailto pgiadm AT forsoft DOT com \
  --dumpcycle 0 --runspercycle 1 --tapecycle 2 --runtapes 1

However amanda.conf now has:

  dumpcycle 1 week
  runspercycle 1
  tapecycle 2
  runtapes 1

and changer.conf has:

  firstslot=1
  lastslot=5
  driveslot=0
  havereader=1

Should I change dumpcycle back to 0 and tapecycle to 1 or what?

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com