Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore and tape rewinding

2009-05-26 17:03:08
Subject: Re: amrestore and tape rewinding
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich AT cognigencorp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:43:57 -0400
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Darin Perusich
<Darin.Perusich AT cognigencorp DOT com> wrote:
> Being able to specify with an argument, -n or whatever, to not rewind
> the tape would be convenient, a time saver, and make for more efficient
> recovery I would think.

One option may be to add a "no-rewind" property to the tape device.
I'm not sure how accurately varoius operating systems can determine
the current file, though, so this might be a dangerous property.  It's
also currently very difficult to supply properties via amrestore,
since it doesn't have a configuration file.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com