Amanda-Users

amrestore and tape rewinding

2009-05-26 15:09:43
Subject: amrestore and tape rewinding
From: Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich AT cognigencorp DOT com>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:56:22 -0400
Why does 'amrestore' always rewind the tape when I go to restore
something? This is something I just started seeing after upgrading to
2.6.x, it wasn't happening with previous versions, 2.5.2. The man page
says I can use '-f #' to fast forward the tape to a specific mark but
when I've already done this or I want to say back it up a few marks to
restore something else, or start another restore beginning at the
current mark it's really a waste of time having to wait for the rewind
and the ran back down the tape to retrieve the image.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator