Amanda-Users

Re: More ranting about issues compiling 2.6.1 on older machines

2009-03-02 18:28:49
Subject: Re: More ranting about issues compiling 2.6.1 on older machines
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:24:55 -0500
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:55 PM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> I think that most of the new features are conecntrated on teh server end,
> if I am not mistaken. The last client side enhancement that rose to a
> visibilty level for me was client side config files, so that you don't ahve
> to ahe many, many deifernt dumptyes, where the only overide was, say where
> teh exclude file went. or am I missing something here?

The major addition on the client side is the Application API.  While
we could probably patch a minimal client to support client-side
configuration files, such a minimal client will never support the
Application API.  But that's OK!

Dustin

P.S. 2.5.0 and later are in Subversion.  The remaining history (some
of it, at least) is in CVS, and I have a very low-priority TODO task
(for some night when I can't sleep) to try to graft that onto the git
history.

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com