Amanda-Users

Re: changer problems with 2.6.1

2009-02-18 10:59:30
Subject: Re: changer problems with 2.6.1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:56:24 -0500
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:44 AM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> Can you make any suggestions as to how to come up with a configuration for
> the new system that will replicate the existing functionality.

What you have shown here looks fine, and should still be functional,
although the global tapedev is not necessary when using chg-multi.  In
my earlier email, I suggested some places you could start looking for
information as to what's happening -- so far all I've seen is "fails
to be able to find a valid slot".  I think you've gotten distracted by
the 'mt' issue and the _ function, neither of which are likely to be
relevant to the problem at hand.  Please check out the logfiles and
other sources of clues I mentioned earlier, and post the interesting
bits here if you need a hand analyzing them.

You'll find that chg-multi logs to "changer.debug" in your debug log directory:
 29 if [ -d "@AMANDA_DBGDIR@" ]; then
 30         logfile=@AMANDA_DBGDIR@/changer.debug
 31 else
 32         logfile=/dev/null
 33 fi

you can find the value of AMANDA_DBGDIR with
 amgetconf build.AMANDA_DBGDIR

The debug logs from various 'amtape' invocations may also be enlightening.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com