Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Using the Script API for Pre and Post scripts.

2008-12-09 17:30:12
Subject: [Amanda-users] Using the Script API for Pre and Post scripts.
From: ebelcher <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 17:24:23 -0500
Thanks Jean-Louis,

Under my SLES 10 implementation, there is nothing under /libexec, but rather
the amanda/application directory is found /usr/lib/amanda/application.

I have copied the scripts here, but they don't seem to be called. I'm running
the script on the server as the backup server connects directly to the SAN when
it captures snapshots. So the Backup Server is both the amanda server and
client.

I've also implemented the email script as supplied and it doesn't work either.
The amanda verify completes okay. It's like to script engine is not available,
or I haven't implemented something.

I did start with the script API documentation, however, it must make
assumptions that I haven't yet understood. If I could get the standard email
script sample working at least I'd have something to work with.