Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover with 2.6.0p2

2008-09-17 09:39:18
Subject: Re: amrecover with 2.6.0p2
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: Dan Locks <dwlocks AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:25:28 -0400
Could it be that I don't have the amanda client on my server?

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 21:47 -0500, Dan Locks wrote:
Matt Burkhardt wrote:
> This is an upgrade from p1 to p2
>
> I used the i386 server version for Hardy

That package checks out, so I suspect this is a problem with the
behavior of our package during upgrade.  The easiest solution is
probably to remove the p2 package, then loosely make sure everything is
gone (search for /usr/sbin/am* /usr/lib/amanda/ /usr/libexec/amanda/).
Then install the package again.

This is just a workaround.  It's going to take me awhile to figure out
what's wrong with our debian upgrade process.

Dan

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.