Amanda-Users

Re: Availability of Amanda Solaris10/Open Solaris package

2008-09-16 15:02:57
Subject: Re: Availability of Amanda Solaris10/Open Solaris package
From: Peter Kunst <peter.kunst AT swissrisk DOT com>
To: Paddy Sreenivasan <paddy AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:19:53 +0200
Hi amanda users,

On 09/16/2008 06:46 PM, Paddy Sreenivasan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Nick Smith <nick.smith AT techop DOT ch>
> wrote:

> If there is standard location for Solaris, please let us know. We
> would be happy to incorporate it.
>
>> Does anyone know what *Sun* recommends? Personally I'd go for
>> /opt/<something>/*, /var/opt/amanda/*, /etc/opt/amanda but that's a
>> *personal* preference before somebody flames me ;-)

i fully agree to Nick's suggestions, doing Solaris admin tasks since
over 12 years ago. Take a look at newer apache installs provided by Sun,
they do it the same way now.

>> p.s. I've also been playing with creating Solaris packages for 2.6.0.pX  and
>> have made some progress with getting clean installs of SMF manifests. Let me
>> know if you like me to contribute them.
>
> Please feel free to send them to me. We will include it and recognize
> you as the contributor in
> the changelog file.

What about inetconv(1M) for fresh/new installs ? It's as simple as
adding another line into standard inetd.conf and then run inetconv, as
well as running e.g. on a client:

 inetadm -m svc:/network/amanda/udp:default \
 "exec=/opt/amanda/libexec/amandad -auth=foobar ..."

whenever upgrading. Don't forget to upgrade amidxtape and amandaidx on a
server.

 Regards,
 Peter