Amanda-Users

Re: amanda-2.5.2p1 on SCO 5.0.4

2008-07-23 14:45:24
Subject: Re: amanda-2.5.2p1 on SCO 5.0.4
From: Michael Reuland <michael.reuland AT activant DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:38:23 -0500
I have tried several configuration changes and still end up w/ the same problem.  After each change I have returned to the original configuration to try and keep things in order.

I'm still getting the same error about "quoted string ...."

I have stripped the ~etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf file to only the actual configuration keywords and options.  I still get the similar response reporting the first line of configuration data from the file.

Is there a utility that I can run on the client to see if the config file is being read correctly?  I'd like to narrow down the problem.  Since I have the host server running w/ a different client (not SCO), I'd like to focus on the client platform to start with.

Thank you,

Michael R_

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 14:12 -0400, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Michael Reuland
<michael.reuland AT activant DOT com> wrote:
> WARNING: apd50.coop.com: selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid
> size: "/usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf", line 5: a quoted string is
> expected
> "/usr/local/etc/aman
> Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.161 seconds, 1 problem found

This is basically a protocol error -- the server connected to the
client, expecting a binary-formatted packet in response, but the
config parser output an error message over the socket instead.

> The ~etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf file is as follows:
>
> # amanda.conf - sample Amanda client configuration file.
> #
> # This file normally goes in /etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf.
> #
> conf "DailySet1" # your config name
>
> #index_server "myserver.mydomain.net" # your amindexd server
> index_server "myserver" # your amindexd server
>
> #tape_server "myserver.mydomain.net" # your amidxtaped server
> tape_server "myserver" # your amidxtaped server
>
> #tapedev "/dev/null" # your tape device
> # auth - authentication scheme to use between server and client.
> # Valid values are "bsd", "bsdudp", "bsdtcp" and "ssh".
> # Default: [auth "bsdtcp"]
>
> auth "ssh"
>
> # your ssh keys file if you use ssh auth
>
> ssh_keys "/usr/amanda/.ssh/id_rsa_amrecover"

Unless I'm missing something, line 5 is the "conf" line.  Try
commenting that line out?

> The configure line that I used for the SCO build was:
>
> configure --program-prefix= --bindir=/usr/local/bin \
> --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib/amanda \
> --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-gnutar-listdir=/usr/local/bin/gtar  \
> --with-user=amandabk --with-group=backup --with-tmpdir=/var/log/amanda \
> --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-threads --without-ipv6
>
> I've check all the files and directories and confirmed that all they are all
> owned and writable by amandabk w/ the few exceptions of the files that have
> SUID root.

Please post suggestions to help others build on SCO on the wiki:
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes
and also please consider becoming a Platform Expert:
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Platform_Experts

We don't have anyone else around to test on SCO, so your help is the
only way we can continue to compile on this system.

Dustin

Michael Reuland
Senior Unix Systems Engineer

Activant Solutions Inc.™
T: 512.278-5310
F: 512-278-5915

The opinions expressed here aren't even mine...
To err is human...to really foul up requires the root password.

Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.