Amanda-Users

Re: amanda-2.5.2p1 on SCO 5.0.4

2008-07-21 18:56:33
Subject: Re: amanda-2.5.2p1 on SCO 5.0.4
From: Kenneth Berry <kberry AT microbeef DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:56:47 -0500

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2008, at 1:12 PM, "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Michael Reuland
<michael.reuland AT activant DOT com> wrote:
WARNING: apd50.coop.com: selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token: invalid size: "/usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf", line 5: a quoted string is
expected
"/usr/local/etc/aman
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.161 seconds, 1 problem found

This is basically a protocol error -- the server connected to the
client, expecting a binary-formatted packet in response, but the
config parser output an error message over the socket instead.

The client system apd50.coop.com (SCO 5.0.4) shows the following when I try
to run amcheck on that system.

Running amcheck on a client doesn't make sense, and won't parse the
amanda-client.conf.

The ~etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf file is as follows:

# amanda.conf - sample Amanda client configuration file.
#
# This file normally goes in /etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf.
#
conf "DailySet1" # your config name

#index_server "myserver.mydomain.net" # your amindexd server
index_server "myserver" # your amindexd server

#tape_server "myserver.mydomain.net" # your amidxtaped server
tape_server "myserver" # your amidxtaped server

#tapedev "/dev/null" # your tape device
# auth - authentication scheme to use between server and client.
# Valid values are "bsd", "bsdudp", "bsdtcp" and "ssh".
# Default: [auth "bsdtcp"]

auth "ssh"

# your ssh keys file if you use ssh auth

ssh_keys "/usr/amanda/.ssh/id_rsa_amrecover"

Unless I'm missing something, line 5 is the "conf" line.  Try
commenting that line out?

The configure line that I used for the SCO build was:

configure --program-prefix= --bindir=/usr/local/bin \
--includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib/ amanda \
--localstatedir=/var/lib --with-gnutar-listdir=/usr/local/bin/gtar  \
--with-user=amandabk --with-group=backup --with-tmpdir=/var/log/ amanda \
--enable-shared --enable-static --enable-threads --without-ipv6

I've check all the files and directories and confirmed that all they are all owned and writable by amandabk w/ the few exceptions of the files that have
SUID root.

Please post suggestions to help others build on SCO on the wiki:
 http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes
and also please consider becoming a Platform Expert:
 http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Platform_Experts

We don't have anyone else around to test on SCO, so your help is the
only way we can continue to compile on this system.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com

Yes please post info regarding SCO. I have needed a working SCO client for a long time.

Kenneth Berry