Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Full/Incremental and retension

2008-07-21 15:44:12
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Full/Incremental and retension
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:36:41 -0400
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 02:04:01PM -0400, Debux wrote:

> So if I want one week of retension, I would have to use 15 tapes and change
> the value of tapecycle to 15 tapes, correct?
>
> The parameters below are correct? for 1 full backup per week, with last week
> in retension and the rest incremental:
>
> dumpcycle 1 Weeks
> runspercycle 14 days (This parameter I do not understand, 7 or 14)

Give a 1 wk dumpcycle (aka 7 days) how often during a single
dumpcycle will you run a backup (aka amdump)?  It does not
take any units like "days".

  runspercycle 1                One dump per week
  runspercycle 5                Week days only, skip weekend
  runspercycle 3                Mon, Wed, Fri
  runspercycle 4                Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sunday for the weekend
  runspercycle 7                daily
  runspercycle 14               every 12 hours

So you decide.

> tapecycle 15 Tapes
> runtapes 1

 JG Computing
 12027 Creekbend Drive          (703) 787-0884
 Reston, VA  20194              (703) 787-0922 (fax)