Amanda-Users

Re: .amandahosts owned by id ## should be ##

2008-05-29 11:16:04
Subject: Re: .amandahosts owned by id ## should be ##
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:08:24 -0400
Paul Yeatman wrote:
  --received from Jean-Louis Martineau--
Paul,

I haven't followed the thread and I don't have old mail.
You should not need bsdudp.
Your disklist should specify : auth "bsdtcp"
Are you sure you have a correct plist for bsdtcp?
Are you sure in run the good amandad?
Can you post it?

I'm pretty sure about all of these.  Dustin has helped me go over these
intricacies.  What, more sepcifically, would be helpul to post
amandad debug file show it is started with bsdudp, either your disklist doesn't set auth to bsdtcp or your plist is not correct.

Add 'debug_auth 1' in amanda.conf and the client amanda-client.conf
Post the output of  'amanda <conf> disklist' and your plist files.
Retry a dump.
Post the amcheck.*.debug from the server and amandad.*.debug from the client.

Jean-Louis