Amanda-Users

Re: amdump freezes

2008-05-28 03:40:48
Subject: Re: amdump freezes
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:33:31 +0200
Paul Bijnens schrieb:
On 2008-05-25 18:55, jehan procaccia wrote:
hello,

some clients with "big" partitions (>100Gbytes) freezes my amdump, I usually get dumps errors which cannot end properly.
I have 2 questions,
1) how can I resolve that "client" error, timeout or whatever ?

This look suspiciously like the problem (and solution) described here:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Mesg_read:_Connection_reset_by_peer

By coincidence I face a similar probleme these days:

A DLE with ~180GB fails to be retried on the second tape (LTO-3-changer) with

FAILED [data write: Connection reset by peer]

I already decreased tcp_keepalive_time yesterday but tonight's amdump failed again.

As the upper message doesn't come from mesg, but from the data channel (?): Would it help to increase dtimeout here?

(gotta get the related logs, don't have them at hand now)

Stefan