Amanda-Users

Re: amdump freezes

2008-05-29 03:01:24
Subject: Re: amdump freezes
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:52:20 +0200
Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:

A DLE with ~180GB fails to be retried on the second tape (LTO-3-changer) with

FAILED [data write: Connection reset by peer]

I already decreased tcp_keepalive_time yesterday but tonight's amdump failed again.

As the upper message doesn't come from mesg, but from the data channel (?): Would it help to increase dtimeout here?

Update: even with lower tcp_keepalive_time and increased dtimeout that DLE fails repeatedly.

What's interesting: Another DLE is twice as big and runs through fine.
The change of tapes seems to trigger that "Connection reset".

I am thankful for any hints as I should manage to come up with a full backup of those DLEs as an archive set until June, 1st ....

Thanks, Stefan