Amanda-Users

Re: .amandahosts owned by id ## should be ##

2008-05-22 19:41:26
Subject: Re: .amandahosts owned by id ## should be ##
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:34:38 -0700

  --received from Dustin J. Mitchell--

> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Paul Yeatman
> <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu> wrote:

<snip>

> > I compiled 2.6.0p1 and installed it yet continue to get the same
> > result:  often 7 but sometimes "134217735".
> >
> > I'm not versed enough with "auth_debug directives" to understand your
> > alterior suggestion.  I'm supposing you are speaking of the server-side
> > config file for this AMANDA config and don't have any "auth" lines in this
> >
> > $ grep -i auth laptops/amanda.conf
> > $
>
> Yep, that was what I meant. Looks like this is a different bug than
> that reported by Doug.
>
> If you still have the source directory handy, do you mind applying the
> attached patch, and then sending the amandad.* logfile generated (on
> the client) during a run of 'amcheck'?  You can find the right logfile
> by grepping for "pw_uid-A".  Please send the logfile along even if the
> run succeeds.

Gladly.  Thanks again for the help!

I recompiled the 2.6.0p1 source code after applying the patch and
re-installed it and . . . hey!  I just went to verify that
/usr/local/libexec/amandad was created today and . . . it was not!
This amandad goes back to a week ago and is the 2.5.1p? version.  Very
sorry about that!  So, forget what I said about compiling 2.6.0 and
installing it and it not working.  Looks like the 2.6.0 and 2.6.0p1
builds have been installing in /usr/local/libexec/amanda/ even though
I've been specifying "--libexecdir=/usr/local/libexec"

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=wheel --prefix=/usr/local
--without-server --with-config=laptops --with-gnutar=/usr/bin/tar
--libexecdir=/usr/local/libexec --localstatedir=/Users
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/include

Hmmm, what's going on here?!

Well, I can either change my plists to point to the new location or I
can copy the files in /usr/local/libexec/amanda/ to
/usr/local/libexec/.  Unfortunately I can't do either right now because
the laptop user is heading out of the building as I type.

No wonder I was unable to find the amandad.* log file when grepping for
"pw_uid-A".

I will get back to you on this tomorrow.

Thanks again Dustin!

Paul