Amanda-Users

Re: IPv6 Question

2008-01-29 14:36:16
Subject: Re: IPv6 Question
From: "Yoshihiro Ishikawa" <chiyotsu AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:16:18 +0900
Greg and Dustin
Thanks you for your advices.

I see that I must learn about IPv6 in this time.
But please allow to ask next question about IPv6.

I want to use Windows XP SP2 as Amanda Client on IPv6.

I know the next URL.
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Windows_client
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Backup_client#Example_configuration

I think that Amanda Windows Client on the Cygwin don't work because it
don't support the IPv6. So I think that i must install Cygwin IPv6
extention or use the "smbclient".

Does anybody success the dump between Linux Amanda Server and Windows
Client on IPv6?
Please tell me. What is the best solution?

Best Regards,
Yoshihiro.