Amanda-Users

Re: IPv6 Question

2008-01-28 21:12:58
Subject: Re: IPv6 Question
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Greg Troxel" <gdt AT ir.bbn DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:57:35 -0500
On Jan 28, 2008 7:37 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt AT ir.bbn DOT com> wrote:
> There are reason to use link local addresses for some uses, but amanda
> doesn't seem to fit those cases.  I would suggest testing with global
> addresses (use 6to4 if you don't have any).

Yoshihiro -- I did a good bit of work on the IPv6 code in Amanda about
9mo ago, in hopes of making Amanda "ready for the next generation."  I
discovered along the way that it takes a *lot* of know-how and
resources to build a working IPv6 network.  In particular, a
"dual-stack" IPv6/IPv4 network is very hard to get working right.

You mentioned in your original email that you don't know much about
IPv6.  If possible, it may make your life a lot easier to just avoid
the whole issue and use IPv4.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer