Amanda-Users

Re: IPv6 Question

2008-01-28 08:14:35
Subject: Re: IPv6 Question
From: "Yoshihiro Ishikawa" <chiyotsu AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:05:50 +0900
Hi Eric,

Thanks for  your reply, your advice helped me.

My mistake was  that  I didn't know about IPv6.....
I understood this problem to install the telnetd.
I mean, I had to specify the NIC Interface if i use the link-local address.

like this:
OK: $telnet fe80::215:c5ff:fe77:8c47%eth0
NG: $telnet fe80::215:c5ff:fe77:8c47

If  I want to test  the Amanda with link-local address, maybe I
require some creative thinking.
So, I instrumentally added the eth0  to other IPv6 address.  It works.

Best Regards,
Yoshihiro.