Amanda-Users

amrecover question

2008-01-06 21:20:51
Subject: amrecover question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 21:14:43 -0500
Greetings;

I just had to install F8 cuz something zeroed out the partition table of my
boot drive.

I've recovered enough of amanda with dd to reinstal it, and have been using
amrecover to pull the rest of my data back, but I'm running into a problem
trying to restore the web browsers plugins directories.

The browser, firefox, I grabbed fresh from the ff download site, but it only
comes with the libnull plugin.

I know that the real plugins dir that all of the browsers were using is
someplace in the /usr tree, I think /usr/lib, which is a separate disklist
entry, but when I sent amrecover to get it, the only plugins is pulled back
was one of the leftovers that I should have nuked anyway.

How can I get amrecover to search one more level deep and find the rest of the
plugins dirs that are scattered all over this particular disklist cuz every
browser seems to think it needs its own copy?

The ls command only shows the root directory list of a dle, but not the
contents of one of those subdirs.

Actively in search of clues here folks..

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Your files are now being encrypted and thrown into the bit bucket.
EOF