Amanda-Users

Re: amanda on FreeBSD 6.2

2008-01-06 21:18:08
Subject: Re: amanda on FreeBSD 6.2
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: mister.olli AT googlemail DOT com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:12:33 -0500
On Jan 6, 2008 8:25 PM, Mister Olli <mister.olli AT googlemail DOT com> wrote:
> In the '/tmp/amanda' folder I can find a file called 'taper.core' which
> is around 750kb large, and contains the core dump from the taper
> process.

If you can glean any information from this core, that would be great
-- a stack trace, preferably from gdb or something that can give some
information about parameter values.  Since the binary you're using
isn't a binary build that we can look at, we can't interpret the core
file for you.

If you have gdb installed, you should be able to start
 gdb /path/to/libexec/taper /tmp/amanda/taper.core
and then issue the 'bt' command to get a GDB backtrace.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com