Amanda-Users

Does amanda only check free holdingdiskspace at startup?

2008-01-07 01:56:49
Subject: Does amanda only check free holdingdiskspace at startup?
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 07:45:09 +0100
Hi,

last saturday my monthly off-site backup started. But at the starttime, the holding disk was full of scrap. Yesterday afternoon I saw this, because I expected amanda already to be finished. I removed the scrap from all holdingdisks. Now there's about 600 GB space again. But if I have a look at amstatus, then I see, that amanda is just dumping directly to tape:

nucleus.mr.lfmg.de://expression-02/dumps$  0  7497m dumping to tape (6:58:44)
holding space   :      4878m (100.00%)

Amanda haven't rechecked if the holdingdisk has meanwhile more free space and use it. Is there a way to tell amanda while a dump is running, to recheck the free holdingdisk space or do I have to cancel this run and restart it again? If I let amanda finish with this speed, it would take about 5 more days to backup the rest.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost