Amanda-Users

vacation programs seem problematic on this list

2007-12-28 14:22:43
Subject: vacation programs seem problematic on this list
From: Greg Troxel <gdt AT ir.bbn DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:12:58 -0500
Every time I post to an amanda list, I get several notices that people
are on vacation.  This is in violation of RFC 3834:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3834

The problem seems much worse on this list compared to others (perhaps
the same on -hackers), almost to the point where I am disinclined to
reply to people's questions, except that I don't post often enough to
remember this the next time.  I'm curious if others are having this
problem, and whether a policy of summarily unsubscribing people with
misconfigured mail systems is in order.