Amanda-Users

Re: Reusing a tape

2007-12-05 14:48:37
Subject: Re: Reusing a tape
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:42:16 +0100 (CET)

Have you checked http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Data_timeout ?

> So I need to the take the monthly full backup again. But the amanda
> message
>
> "These dumps were to tape FULLBACK-10.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape."
>
> suggests that I would need to use a new tape to attempt the full backup
> again. I would like to use the same tape again. What do I need to do to
> get this done (ie to use the same tape again)?

Did I understand you right: You backuped your clients and one DLE failed.
And now you want to rerun the complete set on the same tape? In this case
you can relabel your tape

amlabel -f {Set} FULLBACK-10

Amanda ll tread the tape as new. But make sure that your really want to
overwrite the tape. You ll lose the backup of that day.

Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost