Amanda-Users

Reusing a tape

2007-12-05 10:25:15
Subject: Reusing a tape
From: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29 AT yahoo.co DOT in>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:51:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

I have two different amanda configurations - one for daily incremental backups and the second for monthly full backup. The most recent monthly full backup failed for some reason. The error reported in the amanda email is as follows:
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
<amanda_client_name> /vol/vol1/home lev 0 FAILED [data timeout]
<amanda_client_name> /vol/vol1/home lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
So I need to the take the monthly full backup again. But the amanda message
"These dumps were to tape FULLBACK-10.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape."

suggests that I would need to use a new tape to attempt the full backup again. I would like to use the same tape again. What do I need to do to get this done (ie to use the same tape again)?

Thanks in advance.

Yogesh