Amanda-Users

Copying data to new tapes

2007-11-12 09:36:11
Subject: Copying data to new tapes
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:29:09 +0100
Hi,

we used a Tandberg Superloader DLT Autoloader for offsite backups. Now I ordered a Tandberg Storageloader LTO3. Does anybody of you see a way to get the data of the old DTL to the new LTO3 tapes? Doing a 1-to-1 copy is wasting many space and money.

My only idea is restore everything on the old tapes to a huge place and backup it to LTO agin, isn't it? But this would be to much work.

Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost