Amanda-Users

Re: compilation problems

2007-11-05 12:11:44
Subject: Re: compilation problems
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Brian Cuttler" <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>, amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:05:55 -0600
On 11/5/07, Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org> wrote:
> Always use divide and conquer.

I think the rule is actually "use divide and conquer about half the time" ;)

> > Problem B: function declaration isn't a prototype (sol10/gcc).
<snip>
> Yes - that is the correct line.
<snip>
> I will attach this output, it was very long and contains that to
> my eye to be many blank lines.

Precompiler output can be hard to read, but it did help.  It looks
like some system macros are producing
    signal(13 , (void (*)())1 );
for that line, and that the compiler is warning that "1" isn't much of
a function.  It's a harmless warning (and probably occurs about 40
times, as that line appears in almost every Amanda tool).

> > Problem D: no version_info (sol10/gcc).  I asked earlier to see if
> > version.c exists, and if so, what its contents are.
>
> # find only found one version.c file in the build tree.
>
> [tamarack]: /export/home/brian/am-inst > wc ./common-src/version.c
>        0       0       0 ./common-src/version.c

That file should be produced by 'genversion', which should also be in
common-src/.  Try removing version.c and re-running 'make' in that
directory, to see if it gets filled with interesting output.  If not,
try running common-src/genversion manually (no arguments) to see what
happens.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer