Amanda-Users

Re: compilation problems

2007-11-02 15:22:41
Subject: Re: compilation problems
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Brian Cuttler" <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:17:24 -0500
On 11/2/07, Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org> wrote:
> Trying to compile 2.5.2p1 on Solaris, the 2.5.2p1 release is not
> compiling for me, not sure if its an compiler/library issue on
> my build system or ... well, it has to be, right.

In theory ;)

Which version of Solaris?

> With the Solaris C compiler I get caught in configure

Do you mind sending the config.log output for this?

> with the GCC compiler I fail during the compilation of amandad
>
> /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -Wall -W -Wparentheses
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat
> -Wsign-compare -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE    -o
> amandad  amandad.o ../common-src/libamanda.la  libamandad.la
> ../common-src/libamanda.la  ../gnulib/libgnu.la -lgen -lm -lreadline
> -ltermcap -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -lintl      -lnsl -lsocket
> gcc -Wall -W -Wparentheses -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat -Wsign-compare -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -o .libs/amandad amandad.o
> ./.libs/libamandad.so ../common-src/.libs/libamanda.so
> ../gnulib/.libs/libgnu.a -lgen -lm -lreadline -ltermcap -lresolv -lintl -lnsl
> -lsocket -R/usr/local/lib
> version_info                        amandad.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/amandad
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `amandad'

version_info should be defined in common-src/version.c; can you check
that that file exists and contains a declaration for that variable?
I'm guessing that this error was a result of an unclean build
directory of some sort, so perhaps re-trying with a newly untarred
directory will fix it.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer