Amanda-Users

compilation problems

2007-11-02 14:54:29
Subject: compilation problems
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:46:18 -0400
Trying to compile 2.5.2p1 on Solaris, the 2.5.2p1 release is not
compiling for me, not sure if its an compiler/library issue on
my build system or ... well, it has to be, right.

Not sure of the fix though, can someone guide me, or suggest an
alternate kit to use ?

I want to build with tcp/udp socket restrictions (which I've been
doing routinely since I often install on system that are on or
near firewalls), with the GNUTAR, since I have some number of
partitions that exceed tape size, since tape spanning is not
always available (I'm limited in which systems have jukeboxes)
and larger dumps take that much longer to restore.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian

With the Solaris C compiler I get caught in configure

checking whether getnameinfo is declared... yes
checking for struct addrinfo... yes
checking for inet_ntop... yes
checking whether inet_ntop is declared... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
checking for SIZE_MAX... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for socklen_t... no
checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a type to
use in place of socklen_t

with the GCC compiler I fail during the compilation of amandad

/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -Wall -W -Wparentheses
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat
-Wsign-compare -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE    -o
amandad  amandad.o ../common-src/libamanda.la  libamandad.la
../common-src/libamanda.la  ../gnulib/libgnu.la -lgen -lm -lreadline -ltermcap
-lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -lintl      -lnsl -lsocket
gcc -Wall -W -Wparentheses -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Wformat -Wsign-compare -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -o .libs/amandad amandad.o
./.libs/libamandad.so ../common-src/.libs/libamanda.so ../gnulib/.libs/libgnu.a
-lgen -lm -lreadline -ltermcap -lresolv -lintl -lnsl -lsocket -R/usr/local/lib
version_info                        amandad.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/amandad
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `amandad'

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.