Amanda-Users

Restrict access in a multiuser environment

2007-11-02 09:53:37
Subject: Restrict access in a multiuser environment
From: Philipp Geschke <zmanda AT pgmail DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:45:06 +0100
Hello List,

I'm struggling with this questions for quite a few days now, and I'm
sure it's absolutely obvious, but for some reason I just can't find the
answer.

So, even if this is a question asked almost every day, or - even worse -
never, because everybody knows the answer, I would really appreciate a
yes, stupid! or no, stupid! and maybe a link ;-))

Here comes the question:

I want to set up amanda in an unsecure multiuser environment.
I want every user (maschine) to have access to their own backup only.
But what happens right now is, as soon as a host is authenticated, it
needs only to know the configurations name and the name of the host he
wants the backup from, and it can access what ever it wants using the
sethost command in amrecover (eg. amrecover -C test  >> sethost
test.testdomain.local).

So, basically my question comes down to this:
Does amanda support something like an acl to limit one host to one
backup instead of opening all backups to any host that is allowed to
connect to the index and tapeserver?

I hope you can understand my problem. My knowledge about amanda is...
let's say... limited, right now.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Philipp