Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover fails

2007-10-31 07:39:41
Subject: Re: amrecover fails
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:32:25 +0000
On 30 Oct at 16:58 Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote in
message <472762C2.30100 AT xplanation DOT com>

[snip]

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication

> Since 2.5.1 you need to add the "services" that amandad is allowed to run
> in the server_args:
>
> service amanda {
>         only_from       = amandasrv.example.com amandaclnt.example.com
>         socket_type     = dgram
>         protocol        = udp
>         wait            = yes
>         user            = amandabackup
>         group           = disk
>         groups          = yes
>         server          = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
>         server_args     = -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
>         disable         = no

Thanks vey much, Paul; that fixed it! I simply didn't associate my error
message and that change.

A supplementary question for anyone who knows: Is it possible to ger
amrestore to preserve file ownership/permissions, instead of assigning
everything to root?

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England