Amanda-Users

amrecover fails

2007-10-30 08:17:09
Subject: amrecover fails
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:10:15 +0000
I'm a long-time Amanda user, currently 2.5.1, under Mandriva 2007, and
regularly perform backups; but have not needed to recover data for some
while. Now I do :(

I'm sure amrecover used to work, but may not have done since I upgraded to
2.5.1. Anyway:

[root@tony-lx recover]# amrecover HomeDumps -s tony-lx
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1. Contacting server on tony-lx ...
NAK: amindexd: invalid service

amindexd appears to be running; it's certainly configured as per the
documentation in xinet.d.

There appears to be no mention of this in either the wiki or the faq.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what might be wrong, and on how to
overcome this problem?

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England