Amanda-Users

A bit of a bug - or I'm missing something?

2007-10-24 23:15:56
Subject: A bit of a bug - or I'm missing something?
From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse AT fmp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:04:05 -0500
I have a DLE in my disklist which specifies a dump of /dev/sda1 on a
client box.  /dev/sda1 is the /boot partition and is generally not
mounted unless I'm doing something such as installing a new kernel.
What amandad on the client system is apparently doing is looking
at /etc/fstab, which contains a noauto entry for /dev/sda1 so that it
can be mounted easily, and then backing up /boot which is the mountpoint
for /dev/sda1.  /boot contains only a couple of placeholder files of no
consequence.

I thought that perhaps amandad on the client system was trying to
mount /dev/sda1 and failing, so I added the amanda user on the client
system to the disk group and added "groups" to the mounting options on
the client, and now the amanda user can mount /dev/sda1, but amdump
still backs up the bare directory if /dev/sda1 wasn't previously
mounted.

Maybe there's a setting I'm missing somewhere.  At least I can do a
backup of the system now, having switched to ssh authentication rather
than bsd.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at