Amanda-Users

Re: A bit of a bug - or I'm missing something?

2007-10-24 23:50:52
Subject: Re: A bit of a bug - or I'm missing something?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: fmouse AT fmp DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:43:43 -0500
On 10/24/07, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse AT fmp DOT com> wrote:
> I have a DLE in my disklist which specifies a dump of /dev/sda1 on a
> client box.  /dev/sda1 is the /boot partition and is generally not
> mounted unless I'm doing something such as installing a new kernel.
> What amandad on the client system is apparently doing is looking
> at /etc/fstab, which contains a noauto entry for /dev/sda1 so that it
> can be mounted easily, and then backing up /boot which is the mountpoint
> for /dev/sda1.  /boot contains only a couple of placeholder files of no
> consequence.

amandad's not looking at fstab, AFAIK, and certainly isn't going to
mount anything.  If you want to do this, you should either use DUMP
for that partition, or just mount it (read-only, if you'd like) so
Amanda can back it up.  If you're feeling really excited to spend some
time, you could write a gtar "wrapper" that mounts the fs for the
duration of the backup, then unmounts it..

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com