Amanda-Users

Re: with-db=text solved remaining problems on Solaris 9 systems

2007-10-05 22:36:29
Subject: Re: with-db=text solved remaining problems on Solaris 9 systems
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Craig Dewick" <craig.dewick AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:39:41 -0500
On 10/5/07, Craig Dewick <craig.dewick AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Just wanted to report that since I changed the configuration of Amanda on
> the Solaris 9 boxes to use '--with-db=text' instead of '--with-db=db'
> everything has begun to work properly and backups of the three Solaris 9
> systems are operating as expected after a few days of 'catching up' with all
> the old unflushed backups. 8-) I think the installation instructions for
> Amanda need reviewing to specify that people do not use anything other than
> '--with-db=text' and that on Solaris 9 at least, '--without-ipv6' needs to
> be specifically used on systems that are not operating on ipv6-based
> networks.

I've actually removed the --with-db support in a commit I'll be making
soon (Monday?) -- so no problem there.  As to the Solaris 9 compile
instructions, well, we have a wiki where you can make the changes you
describe; in particular, see

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes/Installing_Amanda_on_Solaris
We would all very much appreciate your help there!

> Now I'll try to solve the problem of compiling Amanda on my Cobalt Raq-4i
> web-server machine so that can be included in the backup schema as well. At
> least one person did reply to my question about the compilation problem on
> the raq-4i so I'll find and review the reply(s).

Please also document your findings for this platform -- I'm not sure
how common it is to run Amanda on a Raq, but I'm sure any hints will
be very helpful to the "next guy".

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer