Amanda-Users

gtar still running after amdump was done

2007-09-25 10:13:22
Subject: gtar still running after amdump was done
From: Yu Chen <chen AT hhmi.umbc DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:12:37 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I am running amanda 2.5.2p1 with "-o tpchanger= -o tapedev=" options, my holding disk is 100GB. The server/client is on the same computer. After amdump finished, I found there are still two "gtar" running. I checked amanda log file, it says
"...
FAIL driver [host] [disk1] [date] 0 [no more holding disk space]
FAIL driver [host] [disk2] [date] 0 [no more holding disk space]
"
at the end, and the two disks are corresponding to the two "gtar" processes.

Is this right? Is it should be automatically killed/aborted if this happens?

Thanks in advance.

CY

Yu Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Chemistry Building, Rm 182
University of Maryland at Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

phone:  (410)455-1728 (primary)
        (410)455-6347 (secondary)