Amanda-Users

Re: gtar still running after amdump was done

2007-09-25 11:37:28
Subject: Re: gtar still running after amdump was done
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Yu Chen <chen AT hhmi.umbc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:02:19 -0400
* Yu Chen <chen AT hhmi.umbc DOT edu> [20070925 10:13]:
> Hi,
>
> I am running amanda 2.5.2p1 with "-o tpchanger= -o tapedev=" options, my
> holding disk is 100GB. The server/client is on the same computer. After
> amdump finished, I found there are still two "gtar" running. I checked
> amanda log file, it says
> "...
> FAIL driver [host] [disk1] [date] 0 [no more holding disk space]
> FAIL driver [host] [disk2] [date] 0 [no more holding disk space]
> "
> at the end, and the two disks are corresponding to the two "gtar"
> processes.
>
> Is this right? Is it should be automatically killed/aborted if this
> happens?

I've seen and reported this problem many times, in this exact instance
(holddisk filled up) and also when there is a data timeout either
during the estimate phase or with amdump. Thing is that it's not 100%
reproducible in my local setup so I suspect that some other
condition(s) must be met for this to happen.

You don't specify your OS though...I've seen this on a server running
irix-6.5.19 (old!) and amanda 2.5.2p1.

jf

> Thanks in advance.
>
> CY

> Yu Chen
> Howard Hughes Medical Institute
> Chemistry Building, Rm 182
> University of Maryland at Baltimore County
> 1000 Hilltop Circle
> Baltimore, MD 21250
>
> phone:        (410)455-1728 (primary)
>       (410)455-6347 (secondary)