Amanda-Users

Re: timeout waiting for ACK

2007-06-24 22:51:13
Subject: Re: timeout waiting for ACK
From: "Brian J. Murrell" <brian AT interlinx.bc DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:48:12 -0400
On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 19:37 -0700, fedora wrote:
> I'm using Amanda version 2.5.1p3 for server and clients. The OS I used is
> RHEL4. The problem is the result was not occur for all clients. Before this
> the Amanda server can do backup and the result only showed STRANGE not
> FAILED OR MISSING. This case only occured couples day ago. That why I was
> wondering that the network caused this error. I didnt do any change to all
> of them.

Netfilter/iptables can cause this problem too.  It won't, without the
amanda helper, keep the UDP port open long enough, nor allow the
subsequent ports through the firewall rules.

I would first disable all netfilter between the backup server and the
client(s) and verify that that solves the problem.  Then, optionally, if
having netfilter running whereever you had to stop it is necessary,
enable use of the amanda conntracker.

b.

Brian J. Murrell