Amanda-Users

Re: timeout waiting for ACK

2007-06-23 15:49:04
Subject: Re: timeout waiting for ACK
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:41:37 -0400

Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> fedora wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> If my Amanda shows error like timeout waiting for ACK, which debug file its
>> in? I can't find that error in any debug files. One more thing, assume that
>> all settings are right, is it possible that the error caused by network
>> which is slow or up and down?? Pls guide.
>>

> That's not a lot of information to go on.
>
> It could be network slowness, but it could also be your configuration
> not being right for the connection or a firewall somewhere, including on
> the machine itself.
>
> Not knowing your platform or any version numbers, it's hard to be any
> more specific than "look at logs." System logs would show connection or
> permission failures, sometimes in more detail than amanda logs. Give us
> a little more information to go on, but note that on weekends activity
> on the list is a bit slower.

I popped back in to check email just now and noticed there were no

I searched google for:

     "timeout waiting for ack" amanda

and found some discussion threads on the amanda users list with a link to:

     http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amcheck:_selfcheck_request_failed

which looks like an excellent troubleshooting page for this problem.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center