Amanda-Users

Re: timeout waiting for ACK

2007-06-23 10:34:56
Subject: Re: timeout waiting for ACK
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:32:47 -0400

fedora wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> If my Amanda shows error like timeout waiting for ACK, which debug file its
> in? I can't find that error in any debug files. One more thing, assume that
> all settings are right, is it possible that the error caused by network
> which is slow or up and down?? Pls guide.

That's not a lot of information to go on.

It could be network slowness, but it could also be your configuration
not being right for the connection or a firewall somewhere, including on
the machine itself.

Not knowing your platform or any version numbers, it's hard to be any
more specific than "look at logs." System logs would show connection or
permission failures, sometimes in more detail than amanda logs. Give us
a little more information to go on, but note that on weekends activity
on the list is a bit slower.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator