Amanda-Users

Re: timeout waiting for ACK

2007-06-24 22:44:16
Subject: Re: timeout waiting for ACK
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:37:30 -0700 (PDT)
I'm using Amanda version 2.5.1p3 for server and clients. The OS I used is
RHEL4. The problem is the result was not occur for all clients. Before this
the Amanda server can do backup and the result only showed STRANGE not
FAILED OR MISSING. This case only occured couples day ago. That why I was
wondering that the network caused this error. I didnt do any change to all
of them.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  client1  /var/lib/mysql  lev 0  FAILED [hmm, disk was stranded on waitq]
  client2  /var/lib/mysql  lev 0  FAILED [hmm, disk was stranded on waitq]
  client3        /var/lib/mysql  lev 2  STRANGE
  client4  /var/lib/mysql  lev 1  STRANGE
  client5  /var/lib/mysql  lev 0  STRANGE
  client6        /var/lib/mysql  lev 1  STRANGE
  client7    /var/lib/mysql  RESULTS MISSING
  client8  /var/lib/mysql  RESULTS MISSING
  client9        /var/lib/mysql  RESULTS MISSING
  client10   /var/lib/mysql  RESULTS MISSING
  planner: ERROR Request to client7 failed: timeout waiting for ACK
  planner: ERROR Request to client8 failed: timeout waiting for ACK
  planner: ERROR Request to client1 failed: timeout waiting for ACK
  planner: ERROR Request to client9 failed: timeout waiting for ACK
  planner: ERROR Request to client10 failed: timeout waiting for ACK
  planner: ERROR Request to client2 failed: timeout waiting for ACK

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                       DUMPER STATS               TAPER
STATS
HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB  OUT-KB  COMP%  MMM:SS   KB/s MMM:SS
KB/s
-------------------------- -------------------------------------
-------------
client6 -/lib/mysql 1  759090  129536   17.1   37:37   57.4   0:03 44161.4
client3 -/lib/mysql 2     330      96   29.1    0:00  563.2   0:00 55331.4
client5 -/lib/mysql 0 2792550  607328   21.7   21:36  468.6   0:29 21177.6
client4 -/lib/mysql 1 4107790  731264   17.8   15:36  781.4   0:35 20933.6