Amanda-Users

Re: Virtual tape to Real tape cycles

2007-06-18 12:10:35
Subject: Re: Virtual tape to Real tape cycles
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:35:13 +0200
Le lundi 18 juin 2007, vous avez écrit :
[...]
> Device API: http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Device_API

I've just had a look at this API. Why don't you use an API ala Linux VFS, ie,
you insert your "methods" and data into a struct and then can do:

gboolean mydev->start_file(Device * /* must be mydev, that's the limit */,
const dumpfile_t *);

instead of:

gboolean device_start_file(Device *, const dumpfile_t *);

?

I've used this technique quite a few times and found it to be very practical.

--
Francis Galiegue, fg AT one2team DOT com
12bis rue de la Pierre Levée, 75011 PARIS