Amanda-Users

Re: Tapes not reusing

2007-05-25 18:41:17
Subject: Re: Tapes not reusing
From: James Wilson <jwilson AT transolutions DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:23:22 -0500
Sorry, I will post my configs this time. I have them split up into 2 separate backups. DailyTapes run from Monday-Saturday and WeeklyTapes run on Sunday which are always full backups. I meant the conf files by "Them".

Here is my amanda.conf from DailyTape only.

dumpcycle 7     # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 7          # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
# (4 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just weekdays)
tapecycle 15 tapes       # the number of tapes in rotation
                       # 4 weeks (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week (just
                       # the weekdays) plus a few to handle errors that
                       # need amflush and so we do not overwrite the full
                       # backups performed at the beginning of the previous
                       # cycle
runtapes 3 # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used

changerfile "/etc/amanda/tape/changer"
changerdev "/dev/sg0"
tapetype IBM-LTO2 # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)

holdingdisk hd2 {
   directory "/home/amandahold"
   use 50000Mb
   }

labelstr "^DailyTape-[0-9][0-9]*$" # label constraint regex: all tapes must match

dtimeout 1800           # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.
ctimeout 30             # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
                       # for each client host
etimeout 300            # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.

includefile "/etc/amanda/tape/advanced.conf"
includefile "/etc/amanda/tape/dumptypes"
includefile "/etc/amanda/tape/tapetypes"