Amanda-Users

Re: Tapes not reusing

2007-05-25 18:38:17
Subject: Re: Tapes not reusing
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: jwilson AT transolutions DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:20:58 -0500
James Wilson wrote:
> Amanda is not reusing tapes in my library. I have them setup to overwrite
> when it reaches the last tape but now I am getting this tape error. Any
> ideas? Thanks in advance.
>

> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [No writable valid tape found].
> Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
> Run amflush again to flush them to tape.
> The next 3 tapes Amanda expects to use are: a new tape, a new tape,
> DailyTape-21.
> The next new tape already labelled is: WeeklyTape-14.

Perhaps your tapecycle is greater than the number of tapes you have
labeled.  Amanda won't label tapes automatically. How many tapes
have you labeled, which ones are in your library, and what do you
have tapecycle set to in your config?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673