Amanda-Users

Re: changerfile

2007-05-23 11:30:48
Subject: Re: changerfile
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:12:13 -0500
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 09:03:37AM -0400, McGraw, Robert P. wrote:
> The following is from the chg-lib.sh file. What file is the "changerfile"
> that is mentioned below.
>
> # These are the defaults discovered by configure when Amanda was installed.
> # They can be overridden here, or by by 'mt_binary' and 'mtx_binary',
> # respectively, in the changerfile (currently only for chg-zd-mtx.sh and
> # chg-manual.sh).

The changerfile is the file specified in amanda.conf, e.g.,

  changerfile "/etc/amanda/Conf/changerfile"

Note the end of that comment, though: only chg-zd-mtx.sh and
chg-manual.sh use changerfiles; the other changers were not updated to
use a changerfile for this purpose.

> I want to set mt_binary and mtx_binary at compile time but I cannot find
> where thisis located.

If you want to set it at *compile* time, you can use the following in
your ./configure:

  ./configure MT="/path/to/mt" MTX="/path/to/mtx" --with-user=....

which is a way of overriding the search made in the configure script.

If there's somewhere "obvious"[1] that configure should be looking for
mt/mtx, and it's not looking there, let me know and I'll add it to the
search path.  Alternately, if this is the kind of thing a lot of people
need to do (speak up!), I can add --with-mt and --with-mtx options.

Dustin

[1] Meaning something like, "Everyone knows mtx is always in
/foo/bar/frob/bin on Mynix 4.3.2!"

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.