Amanda-Users

Re: changerfile

2007-05-23 10:32:37
Subject: Re: changerfile
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:06:02 +0200
McGraw, Robert P. wrote:
The following is from the chg-lib.sh file. What file is the "changerfile"
that is mentioned below.

# These are the defaults discovered by configure when Amanda was installed.
# They can be overridden here, or by by 'mt_binary' and 'mtx_binary',
# respectively, in the changerfile (currently only for chg-zd-mtx.sh and
# chg-manual.sh).

I want to set mt_binary and mtx_binary at compile time but I cannot find
where thisis located.

From:  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Changers

"Two other amanda.conf parameters are available for changer use, however their definition is left entirely up to the changer script itself. They are changerfile and changerdev. Typically changerfile will point to the configuration file specific to the changer, or be a base name of several related changer files. The changerdev variable may point to the /dev entry used to access the changer device.

See the documentation with the specific changer you're interested in to see exactly how these variables are used (if at all). "

So it seems that the changer you're using is getting it's configuration
information from a special file.  The name of that file is the
value of the parameter changerfile in amanda.conf.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *