Amanda-Users

Re: gtar and related issues

2007-05-23 01:26:56
Subject: Re: gtar and related issues
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:21:27 -0500
Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> I'm using 1.16 (from Debian) since a while. Seems to work fine (no
> restore done so far, though ;-)

1.16 works fine with the newer 2.5.x releases of Amanda (I've been
using it for a while on my home network), but if you use it on a
2.4.5 system the estimates will fail and you'll get a level 0 of
the DLE on every run.

Speaking of which, now that Debian Etch is the stable release, and
it comes with tar 1.16.something, is there a stable 2.5.x release
of Amanda?  I need to upgrade from 2.4.5 at work to support the new
Etch release, but there seem to have been several postings to the
list relating to failures in the released versions, with the usual
workaround being using an SVN snapshot.
   Does the May 7th 2.5.2 release include fixes for all the major
bugs reported recently?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673