Amanda-Users

Re: gtar and related issues

2007-05-22 15:17:35
Subject: Re: gtar and related issues
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:43:59 -0400
Jon,

Oddly I can't seem to find the source (no way to keep a repository
of related software at amanda.org ?).

I received a suggestion that blastwave.org might even have a
precompiled binary, but I can only find the current (?) version
of 1.15.91 there. Perhaps I'm overlooking as section of that site ?

Yes, if you could forwards the source I'll build it here and install
it as soon as the current amdump on that system completes.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 11:22:20AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 09:29:12AM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> >
> > I want to thank you for your help. I did find an older version of
> > gtar - that I believe to be working. Its a 1.13 but I don't see a
> > more specific version number (from SFW collection). I will replace
> > as suggested if I have any issues with it.
>
> Whoops.
>
> > A test of amdump and amrestore brought a tar ball back from tape, and
> > expecting that the paths files where all prefixed with long numeric
> > ids, I don't yet know why... is there something I need to know here ?
>
> I think you just ran into the reason why plain vanilla 1.13 is
> specifically NOT recommended.  Look for 1.13.19 or 1.13.25 in
> the 1.13 series.  If you have a compilation environment, they are
> an easy compile.  I can send the source if you can't locate it.
>
> --
> Jon H. LaBadie                  jon AT jgcomp DOT com
>  JG Computing
>  4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
>  Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org