Amanda-Users

Re: amanda upgrade questions

2007-05-10 20:04:29
Subject: Re: amanda upgrade questions
From: Anthony Ho <jyho AT abamon DOT com>
To: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:18:03 +0800
Hi,

It is actually quite simply to upgrade amanda. All you need to do is to
download the latest version of Amanda (for this case amanda 2.5.2),
untar it and execute the following commands to clean and recompile the
latest build.

make distclean
./configure -with-tcpportrange=50000,50100 --with-udpportrange=850,859
make && make install

But becareful with amanda version 2.5.2 as it contains some bug issue
with the amlabel on the vtapes.

Regards
Anthony