Amanda-Users

Re: amanda upgrade questions

2007-05-10 20:04:28
Subject: Re: amanda upgrade questions
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 21:54:23 -0400
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:38:20PM -0400, Guy Dallaire wrote:
> Replying to myself:
>
> It's my second attempt at trying to get any input as to how difficult it may
> be to upgrade amanda. I have not received any reply on both occasions.
>
> Are my questions too dumb ?   I would like to read some sort of upgrade
> guide, but I can't find anything useful in the doc or in the amanda wiki.
>
> 2.5 seems pretty scary. I see a lot of problems on the list. Is it stable,
> or is it experimental ?
>
> Thanks
>
> 2007/5/7, Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>:
> >
> >I understand that amanda 2.5 is compatible with amanda 2.4 clients. This
> >means I could upgrade my server and do the clients later ? I would like to
> >upgrade to 2.5.2 for security reason (ability to encrypt backups, ssh)

Being compatible does not mean that the clients gain the new features
of the upgraded server.  If the client could not do encryption or ssh
before, upgrading the server will not change the client.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)