Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Client

2007-04-23 14:34:33
Subject: Re: Amanda Client
From: James Wilson <jwilson AT transolutions DOT net>
To: Pavel Pragin <ppragin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:28:51 -0500
Are you talking about the /etc/xinetd.d/amanda file? in my case it is amandabackup.

Pavel Pragin wrote:
James Wilson wrote:

Hey All,

I have amanda version 2.5.0p2 I have installed version 2.5.0p2-4 for the amanda client. I have added the amanda server and the amanda user in the .amandahost file on the client I checked the /etc/services and all the amanda ports are there. But when I try to do an amcheck tape this is what I get. It's been awhile since I have added a client, am I missing something?

WARNING: ifx-se-02.transolutions.net: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.036 seconds, 1 problem found

Hello,
It sound like you are trying to use "bsd" authentication to connect to a client that is using "bsdtcp". You either need to upgrade to the 2.5.1 server or change the client to run "bsd". These changes need to be made in the xientd service for amanda.
Thank You